Contract Name: Chief Information Officer — Solutions & Partners 3 (CIO-SP3)
Contract Number: # HHSN316201200046W
Sponsor: National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Contract Expiration Date: May 31, 2022
Program Ceiling: $20 billion
Type of TOs: T&M, FFP, CPAF, CPFF, and CPIF
SGT and our CTA Partners offer a full range of information technology (IT) and engineering support services along with significant bio-medical and scientific expertise under NIH’s CIO-SP3 contract.
SGT Points of Contact:
Deputy Program Manager and SGT-CTA Business Development Lead
CIO-SP3 provides a highly flexible contracting option for obtaining the full-range IT services and solutions under the 10 task areas listed below.
- Task Area 1: IT Services for Biomedical Research, Health Sciences, and Healthcare
- Task Area 2: Chief Information Officer (CIO) Support
- Task Area 3: Imaging
- Task Area 4: Outsourcing
- Task Area 5: IT Operations and Maintenance
- Task Area 6: Integration Services
- Task Area 7: Critical Infrastructure Protection and Information Assurance
- Task Area 8: Digital Government
- Task Area 9: Enterprise Resource Planning
- Task Area 10: Software Development
Examples of the wide variety of work supported under these task areas can be found in Article C.2 in the copy of our attached contract.
- Fast streamlined ordering process – work can begin in as little as 30 days
- Agency submits RFP to NIH for free 24 hour assessment
- If in scope NIH distributes RFP to CIO-SP3 contractors
- Contractors respond with proposals
- Agency selects awardee and issues a task order and related documents
- Open to all federal agencies with agency level control (no delegation of authority required)
- Flexible pricing options including Time and materials (T&M) Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF), Cost Plus Incentive Fee (CPIF), as well as ‘hybrid” pricing that may include 2 or more of these pricing options
- Worldwide performance area
- Low .65% access fee
- Secure, easy to use electronic government order system (eGOS)
- Free training on GWACs, FAR 16, and NITAAC contracts & order system training – certification awarded for two continuous learning points)
- Limited protest ability on orders under $10 million
- Wide range of labor categories to fulfill requirements
- Competition based pricing
- Flexibility to add additional subcontractors or labor categories as required to meet evolving or specialized requirements
The SGT-CTA Team
SGT has successfully supported a broad-range of civilian and defense clients with our leadership in program management, IT, engineering, and science expertise. Clients include: NASA, NOAA, USGS, DOT, NSA, USAF, and NRO, as well as many other federal customers. Our average more than 94% award fees offer testimony of our ability to provide exceptional service. We hold the following certifications: ISO 9001:2008; AS9100C; ISO20000; CMMI Level 3.
Palmetto GBA (Palmetto) has supported the Government Programs Division of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of South Carolina (BCBS of SC) for more than 12 years. Palmetto is the largest and most diverse Medicare contractor in the nation. Thousands of health care providers and several million consumers across the country rely on Palmetto’s award winning business model to meet the demands and stay ahead of an ever-changing health care market.
Primescape Solutions Inc. (Primescape) is a Small Disadvantaged Business 8(a) business that provides a full range of information technology support and solutions for its clients. Their services include infrastructure management, applications delivery, business intelligence, and strategic business consulting. They also bring health care experience to the Team via their support of the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) where they designed, developed, and maintained the system that supports the Section 340B discount drug program.
Southern Research Institute (SR) brings to our Team the unique ability to combine high-quality biomedical research with our IT expertise. The comprehensive nature of SR’s life sciences program supports research in biochemistry, oncology, virology, bacteriology, toxicology, pharmacology, immunology, and organic, computational, and analytical chemistry. As a result of its long-term experience (over 40 years) in life science research, SR is recognized internationally for development of over 20 cancer therapeutics and the evaluation of antiviral and antimicrobial drugs, biologicals, vaccines, as well as for the excellence of its infectious disease-related programs. Within its Engineering Division, which includes such environmental and energy capabilities as emissions control and waste water treatment, as well as materials science and mechanical engineering, SR has been at the forefront of supporting the objectives of clients such as DoD, DoT, EPA, NASA, and a variety of other governmental and private sector clients.
TestPros is a small business providing Independent IT auditing, quality assurance (QA), independent verification and validation (IV&V), oversight, compliance, security assessment, software assurance, software development, Help Desk and related services to government and commercial industry. In addition to their uniquely focused IV&V and other software assurance qualifications, TestPros was added to the Team because of their significant experience in supporting various Department of Defense medical information systems.
Strategic Health Solutions (SHS) is a woman-owned small business that provides professional health care-related solutions and services for state and federal government agencies including five prime contracts with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). They provide subject matter expertise in detecting and preventing fraud and abuse in the Medicare and Medicaid programs, including the new Prescription Drug Benefit program and providing medical review for Medicare appeals and in support of benefit integrity work. Employing trainers and educators, medical reviewers, data analysts, and healthcare policy experts, SHS develops targeted, insightful solutions for their clients.
Prompt payment terms: None offered
NIH NITAAC Contacts
For complete contract information, see the NITAAC CIO-SP3 site.
NIH CIO-SP3 Help Desk